St. Joseph’s College is a legacy of the 19th century, handed down to us by the venerable fathers of the society of the Foreign Mission of Paris. Its nucleus was the St. Joseph’s High School which was started in 1868 A.D. This School was elevated into a college in 1884 A.D. through the efforts of Father Tarbes and was affiliated to the University of Madras. The District-Gazetteer, South Arcot District, has recorded that the prime educational institution and the only college in the District in the 19th century was St. Joseph’s College. It once again became a high school in 1909 due to financial and other constraints. Since then, there had been several attempts to revitalize the college.
To Work hard to prepare
Men and Women academically and technically equipped to steer the Nation along the path of progress and peace.
Men and Women who will free the Nation from the clutches of Sectarianism and Parochialism.
To Work hard to provide
Wholesome and Integral Education that will help the students to find their footings in life.
Ethical and Social values that will help the students to confidently face the challenges of life.
Human and Community values that will help the students in building up the solidarity of all Indians.
To provide quality education through curriculum at par with that of reputed institutions of higher education, innovative teaching, competent and qualified teachers, supportive systems and by processes of on-going evaluation and continuous refinement leading to holistic development of the student community.
The College Offers: